Sev aghpouyr (Kayajek) was originally the cultivating land possessed by the Kessabtsies. Kessabtsies were used to establish temporal residential resorts there during summer times while harvesting and sowing their lands, but they always returned to Kessab in winter. The hired labors in the area soon became owners of the lands they worked in and formed the majority of the population in Sev aghpouyr.
At the onset of the 20th century, the main quarters of the village were already formed. The forefather of the Boymishakian family was the first to establish a permanent residence in Sev aghpouyr. The Panosian family residing there is thought to descend from the Boymisahkian lineage. The Pasligian, Gharibian, Skambilian, Melkonian, Kasparian, Pertoudian, Kalakeosian, Selloumian and the Chatalian families were also considered the main residents in the village.
The villagers cultivated mainly tobacco, kept silkworms and domestic animals and planted several crops. In 1909 the Turks coming from the east destroyed a big part of the village by putting it on fire.
In 1915 the three quarters of the villagers were killed during the deportations that drove them to the deserts of Der el Zor and Damascus.
The Census carried out in 1911 indicates that the village consisted of 445 individuals, whereas in 1920 consisted of 94 individuals.
After the new Syrian boarders were drawn in 1939 some of the lands fell on the Turkish side thus denying the villagers a great deal of their lands.
In 1947 when the repatriation process started many of the villagers repatriated to Armenia.
After the repatriation many of the lands forsaken by the Armenian populace were taken over by the Alawite population thus becoming the major group residing in Sev aghpouyr.
The main occupation of the remaining Armenian population became the production of apple fruits.
1990 the Aleppo based Syriac community established a monastery in the village.
The Evangelical school was established in 1856 which functioned with many interruptions until 1905 and later functioned as a place of worship.
The national school was established in 1910 and functioned without interruptions until 1915. It was reopened in 1925 and in 1937 was converted into AGBU related school that was permanently closed in 1947.