The valley of Karadouran is located after Karadash starting from 900m altitude above sea level all the way down towards the Mediterranean Sea.
The village is an assembly of several small and large quarters spread allover the deep valley. Each quarter is named after the family which occupied the quarter. For instance, the Soulian (Soullek), the Zahterian (Zahterlek), the Manjikian (Manjeklek), the Yaralian (Yarallek), and the Saghdejian (Saghdejlek) quarters. The main occupation of the people in Karadouran was grazing and agriculture.
Karadouran was considered the most crowded village of Kessab. The census carried out after the calamity in 1909 indicates the presence of 1286 individuals in the village, whereas in 1915, the presence of 1290 individuals.
During 1918 and 1920, only 45 percent of the deported natives returned to Karadouran.
In 1939, after the new Syrian boarders were drown, some families in Karadouran completely lost all their properties, farms and lands which fell on the other side of the artificial boarders; in Turkey.
The villagers welcomed the idea of repatriation and 807 individuals repatriated in 1947.
The dwellers of Karadouran were considered the most culturally preservative people.
Up until the middle of the 19th century, three chapels served in the area, but later they were abandoned after the transportation of the people from this area.
-Saint Mary’s church which was constructed between 1889 and 1890. This church was completely smashed by the sliding of the land that happened on the 23rd of January in 1942. In 1960 was established the St. Mary’s church which stands up until today.
-St. Stephanos church which was constructed in 1908 in the quarter of the sea. It had recently been renovated by the French-Armenian “land and culture” organization.
-The evangelical church which was constructed in 1908 and renovated in 1986.
The school of St. Mary’s church (1890-1905)
The national Mesrobian School (1905-1915, 1924-1932)
The national AGBU related school (1932-1962)
The AGBU related Vahan Bedrosian School (1962-1964)
The school of St. Stephanos.
The national Noubarian School (1909-1915, 1923-1934)
The national AGBU Noubarian School (1934-1948)
The united national school (1923-1924)
The nursery related to the AGBU (1934-1947)
The united national school (1934-1973)
The Armenian evangelical school (1873-1915)
The Armenian evangelical martyr school (1924-1981)
The Latin’s school (1905-1915, 1921-1946)
The Armenian catholic school (1946-1948)