Bashord is located about 5 km westwards Karadash. It was originally the main grazing area of the shepherds in the region of Kessab.
Sometime in the middle of the 19th century, a member of the Movsesian family named Krikor son of Movses permanently settled in the region and became the forefather of the Movsesian lineage in Bashord. Later on, some members of the Cherchikian family originally from Karadouran moved to settle in Bashord before the tragedy of the genocide took place. Some time in 1920, a Kazazian family had separated from the Kazazian’s quarter in Karadouran and settled in Bashord next to the other two families.
During the calamity in 1909, a group of Kessabtsi refugees took refuge in Bashord, but soon afterwards they were forced to abandon the village which was completely gutted by the Turks.
In 1915,the dwellers of Bashord were driven along with the Karadourantsies towards Hama, and then to the south towards Jordan. Those who survived the genocide returned to their village all the way back from Por Saiid; the harbor of Saiid in Egypt.
Bashord was excluded from the census carried out in 1920, despite the fact that Bashord included 85 individuals according to the census in 1911, and 40 individuals in 1915.
The main occupation of Bashord dwellers had always been grazing.
The new Syrian boarders set by the French authorities deprived the dwellers of Bashord of their properties and allocated them to the Outman authorities. The spring called ‘Mousellek’ also fell in the Turkish land which made it impossible to preserve the flocks grazing in the area.
In 1947, the villagers welcomed the decision of moving back to Armenia and the whole village was repatriated consisting of 65 individuals. The Hovsepian family, at that time, purchased all the lands in Bashord.
Bashord was attached to the Apostolic saint Mary’s church in Kessab. The children used to attend the Mesrobian and Noubarian schools in Karadouran and the Sahagian School in Kessab for education.
In 1935, the AGBU organization, taking the short transformational means into consideration, established a primary school in Bashord which was a division of the Mesrobian School in Karadouran. The school remained active until the repatriation period.
Today, the residues of the abandoned village can still be seen in the region.