The sanctuary of Sivdigii
Sivdigii is translated to a black woman or a holly woman. This place is located on a small hill just on the boarder with Turkey. The Turks lately have completely destroyed the sanctuary. The Greek orthodox have constructed a new chapel almost in the same place a little bit away form the Turkish boarder inside the Syrian lands. They have also constructed a monastery next to the chapel.
In 1910, the Sahagian national school of Kessab opened a division in Eskuran. This school consisted only of the first two elementary grades. During 1921 and 1924, the school became related to the united national school. During the 1930ies, the same school was converted to serve as an AGBU related school which remained active for several years.